Efficiency increase with "green" refrigerants. Thanks to the combination between adiabatic cooling and subcooling of the refrigerating fluid.
Automatic operations. Intelligent regulation of fans and dampening cycles.
Compact and integrable design. Simple and easily integrated into existing systems.
Efficiency and optimal consumption. MITA solutions are selecterd trough advanced software in order to fit the plant characteristics.
Quick pay-back. Pre-selection performed together with the client, based on their project requirement.
Industry 4.0. Possibility of control, monitoring and data collection on company management system.
How it Works
The Alchemist adiabatic subcooler is a plug & play solution that can be easily integrated into existing chillers. MITA Cooling Technologies patent.
Alchemist combines the adiabatic cooling principle with refrigerant fluid subcooling to increase system efficiency. It is installed downstream of the condenser and/or gas cooler.
- Dry operation: external air is drawn in and conveyed onto the finned coils. The humidification process is deactivated, no water is present and the humidifier pack is dry.
The subcooling readings by temperature probes modulate fan speed to optimise power consumption.
- Adiabatic operation: external air is drawn in and passed through the humidifier pack (protected inside the machine). The adiabatically cooled air (therefore at a lower temperature than the external air) is conveyed to the finned coils thus increasing the frigorific fluid subcooling. The subcooling readings by temperature probes modulate fan speed and adiabatic cycles to minimise power/water consumption.
Patent MITA 17194148.7.Ask for Information
- Savings in electricity compared to systems with only gas coolers.
- Water saving compared to the solution with only adiabatic gas cooler.
- All models are completely preassembled and equipped with an electrical panel (PLC that allows continuous optimization).
- Easy installation even in existing systems (retrofit).
- Each machine is accessible for inspections and maintenance of internal parts.
- EC plug fan.
- Finned coil.
- Humidifier pack with high water retention capacity made of flocked PVC (very short wetting cycles).
Adiabatic subcoolers installed in supermarkets in northern Italy
A frequent aim of innovation is to switch to sustainable technologies without any deterioration in performance. This concept is also applicable to the new commercial refrigeration systems in which the Alchemist series of adiabatic subcoolers patented by MITA Cooling Technologies have been installed.Learn More