A Made-in-Italy Cooling Tower in the National Opera of Ukraine/
Il Teatro Nazionale dell’Opera e del Balletto “Taras Shevchenko” di Kiev è uno dei teatri musicali più antichi dell’Ucraina. Nel 2019, per soddisfare le esigenze di climatizzazione di una stanza di conservazione, è stata fornita una soluzione con una torre di raffreddamento MCT con ventilatori centrifughi. Versatilità della soluzione, rumorosità contenuta e supporto continuativo del partner locale.
- Teatro Nazionale dell'Opera e del Balletto "Taras Shevchenko" di Kiev, fondato nel 1867.
- Soluzione proposta nel 2019: torre di raffreddamento MCT con ventilatori centrifughi.
- Fattori chiave di successo: soluzione versatile, rumorosità contenute e supporto continuativo dal partner locale.
- National Opera and Ballet Theater "Taras Shevchenko" of Ukraine (Kiev)
- Kiev, Ukraine
- Type of interlocutor
- Plant installer
- Scope of application
- Public Buildings (HVAC)
- Story in Brief
- The National Opera of Ukraine was founded in 1867: currently, it is the third oldest theater in Ukraine and is named after a great 19th-century Ukrainian writer. It is one of the most influential cultural institutions in Eastern Europe.
- List of customer needs
- Cooling section for air conditioning of a stage set storage room
Solution with small footprint and special configuration for indoor (confined spaces)
- Technologies provided
- No. 1 MCT 880 cooling tower with centrifugal fans
- Key to success
- Versatile solution with centrifugal fans (for indoor installations)
Low noise levels
Continuous support from local partner (ECS Group)
1. Installation context
The National Opera and Ballet Theater “Taras Shevchenko” is one of the oldest musical theaters in Ukraine, founded in 1867. Located in Kiev, it is considered one of the most influential cultural institutions in Eastern Europe. It has undergone various modifications and name changes over the years.
In 2019, the theater had some specific needs related to the air conditioning of a room storing stage sets, which required a cooling section.
2. Proposed solution
To meet the requirements, enucleated together with the Institution’s engineers, an MCT cooling tower with centrifugal fans was provided. This solution featured a small footprint and a special indoor configuration, suitable for confined spaces.
3. Key success factors
The key to the success of the proposed solution for the National Opera and Ballet Theater included several factors:
- Versatile solution with centrifugal fans for indoor installations.
- Low noise levels, which made it possible to maintain a quiet environment inside the theater.
- Ongoing support from the local partner, ECS Group, which provided constant assistance during installation and use of the solution.
In this project
Cinemas, theaters, buildings for public entertainment have the same needs as offices: the cooling units, attached to the air conditioning systems, must be silent and adapt to small spaces: also in this case, open-circuit cooling towers with sound-absorbing technologies are ideal. Centrifugal fans ensure space adaption, while non-corroding fibreglass extends product lifecycle.
MCT Open-Circuit Evaporative Cooling Tower
Compact design and reduced dimensions: a range of evaporative cooling towers with centrifugal fans for special space configurations. MCT-EC version available with electronically controlled fans.
MITA case studies
The Major Hospital "Pizzardi" of Bologna installs as many as 12 non-corrodible and easy-to-maintain cooling towers to support the refrigeration units for the air conditioning system: performance and attention to noise level.Learn More
Tools to help you choose
Preliminary plant evaluation
Best practicesRead all Pieces of Advice by MITA Cooling Technologies
What to KnowFind Out All Technical Terms
Technical ArticlesRead All our Technical Articles
Or You Can Choose
Don't You Know how to Orient Yourself? WE GUIDE YOU TO THE CHOICE
Subscribe to MITA newsletter and stay updated on technical solutions for industrial and civil cooling and get to know our offer.