MITA Cooling Technologies scores, together with the agency EETS, a new achievement for the food industry: a poultry products company chose the PAD-V adiabatic cooler for a section of its production processes.Learn More
Industrial Cooling Tower for Coca Cola in Kiev
A MITA cooling system serving one of the world’s most celebrated multinational food & beverage companies: the Kiev-based Coca-Cola now uses a PME-E evaporative tower for its production facilities.
- Large multinational food & beverage company
- Provision of cooling tower and control panel through local partner
- Automation of cooling operation parameters
- Coca-Cola HBC Ucraina, Armenia e Moldavia
- Type of interlocutor
- National distributor
- Scope of application
- Food industry
- Story in Brief
- Coca-Cola HBC is a licensee of The Coca-Cola Company for the manufacture of its finished products in 28 domestic markets in Europe: MITA supplied its solutions to the Ukrainian facility. The supply was supervised and facilitated by Compressors International, a multinational company based in Ukraine.
- List of customer needs
- Optimization and automation of resources used (water and energy)
- Powers required
- 970 kW
- Technologies provided
- - No. 1 open circuit cooling tower PME 2054 E CW
- MCS - MITA Control System control panel for automation of operating parameters
- Other special offers
- Anti-condensation heater
- Key to success
- - Optimization of all input resources (water, energy) by automatic control system
- Continuous support from MITA's national partner (Compressors International)
1. Installation context
Coca-Coka HBC needed a new cooling section for its production processes: one of the requirements made clear from the drafting of the offer to Compressors International, aprtner MITA in Ukraine, was the optimization and automation of the resources used (water and energy).
2. The proposed solution
All MITA industrial cooling towers, including open circuit cooling towers, are made of fiberglass: thus incorrodible and long-lasting. Maintenance is simplified by the wide accesses. All this allows the end user (in the food industry or other production areas) to reduce and simplify maintenance of the cooling system.
An added value of PME installation for Coca Cola is then given by MCS – MITA Control System . That is, a control panel equipped with an inverter that enables certain benefits:
- saving of electrical energy,
- reduced wear and tear of electromechanical parts resulting in lower maintenance costs,
- reduction in water use,
- reduction of costs related to water treatment,
- decreased noise.
3. The key to success
An optimization of all input resources helps companies in the process industry lower production costs and ultimately gain a competitive advantage. This is all the more true for a large international food group.
The supply was overseen and facilitated by Compressors International, a multinational company based in Ukraine and a distributor of compressor equipment-this collaboration is an additional element of value for the end user.
Ask for information
Cooling systems of this project
PME-E Open-Circuit Evaporative Cooling Tower
A light and non-corrodible open-circuit evaporative cooling tower: process industry and HVAC operators will be able to count on its multiple versions and ease of transport and installation.
MITA Control System
MITA Control System allows programming and modulating cooler’s performances during its operations in a very simple way. Electricity use optimization is granted.
Cooling technologies for food industry must help preserve the quality of the finished product (and of the process liquid): this is true even more than in other industries. Closed circuit cooling towers and “hybrid towers” can make their contribution. It is fundamental to grant the operational plant continuity of the cooling system.
Foundries, steel mills, aluminum production lines: the plant managers of these industries require operational continuity, significant thermal jumps in cooling and cost containment for management and maintenance. Remote management platforms are an ally.
Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sector
We are talking about systems of very different sizes: as industrial fluid temperatures change the cooler must be sized accordingly. The operational continuity is fundamental, while the good life of the cooler is particularly appreciated (also thanks to non-corrodible solutions). Noise is not a problem, thanks to sound-absorbing technical solutions.
MITA case studies
In 2019, an MCT cooling tower solution with centrifugal fans was provided to meet the air conditioning needs of a conservation room at the Kiev National Opera House.Learn More
Maxi size, minimal noise. The PME cooling towers supplied to CAMpreq, installed at a paper mill in central Sweden, combine appropriate design with high water flow rates and solutions to contain noise levels.Learn More
Subscribe to MITA newsletter and stay updated on technical solutions for industrial and civil cooling and get to know our offer.