In 2019, an MCT cooling tower solution with centrifugal fans was provided to meet the air conditioning needs of a conservation room at the Kiev National Opera House.Learn More
PME-E Cooling Towers for RAI in Rome
MITA cooling systems also serve the air conditioning system of the historic Italian Radio Television center at 66 Via Teulada, Rome: they are the PME-E open-circuit cooling towers.
- Replacement of steel cooling towers for RAI in Rome
- Requirement: compact and durable solutions
- Supply of two MITA PME-E Silent towers
- RAI - Radio Television in Italy
- Rome, Italy
- Type of interlocutor
- Area Consultant
- Scope of application
- Offices (HVAC)
- Story in Brief
- Public television group with 60 years of activity behind it, a cultural landmark throughout the history of the Italian Republic. Provision of cooling technology through area technical sales consultant.
- List of customer needs
- - Provision of cooling technogies for office air conditioning system, as part of the renovation of a building
- Lightweight solution, suitable for a slender structure in an inner courtyard
- Low noise levels (civilian context for installation)
- Technologies provided
- No. 2 PME-E 4103 CW Silent open circuit cooling towers
- Key to success
- - Low noise, compactness and durability of supplied solutions
- Energy saving
1. Context of installation
RAI’s TV Production Center (CPTV) in Via Teulada recently celebrated its 60th anniversary: the Italian public may remember the light brick building, the old “RAI” logo, and such now-historic programs as Porta a Porta, Chi l’ha visto, La Vita in Diretta (filmed in its 9 TV studios).
A building whose air conditioning system needed to be renovated in some of its areas: in particular, the old cooling towers, made of steel, were already 30 years old. It was therefore necessary to replace them with solutions
- silent (this being a civilian context),
- durable (non-corrodible systems).
An additional critical issue was to be able to maintain the support structure in the inner courtyard.
2. Proposed solution
Due to the lightness of some nonmetallic materials, the design firm, with the mediation of agent Amedeo Scardini, decided to make explicit in the specifications the installation of fiberglass towers by MITA Cooling Technologies.
Therefore, 2 open-circuit cooling towers, type PME-E 4103 CW Silent, were installed in the courtyard of the RAI at 66 Teulada Street. Low noise levels are ensured by low-speed motors coupled with fans with special profile blades.
3. The key to success
The technical specifications of this solution make it possible to respond to additional requirements than those defined by the customer:
- totally openable walls to allow ample access to the internal parts, stairs to the upper part. All this to facilitate routine maintenance;
- low installed electrical powers that save energy.
A special satisfaction: “mamma RAI” is one of the symbols in the world of Italian-ness. And this is what MITA Cooling Technologies seeks to be inspired by with solutions “tailor-made” for the customer.Ask for information
Low noise levels to ease daily life: this is the “must” of the cooling circuits attached to the air conditioning systems in the offices. Configurations suitable for restricted or peculiar spaces are also often required: the ideal are open circuit cooling towers with sound-absorbing technologies, possibly equipped with versatile centrifugal fans.
Hospital engineers pay attention to two fundamental needs: low noise level and simple maintenance to always keep equipment safe and efficient. Cooling technologies can meet these needs: evaporative and adiabatic coolers with sound-absorbing solutions, preferably with large accesses for internal inspections. The non-corrodible fiberglass can be a plus for useful machinery lifecycle extension.
Cinemas, theaters, buildings for public entertainment have the same needs as offices: the cooling units, attached to the air conditioning systems, must be silent and adapt to small spaces: also in this case, open-circuit cooling towers with sound-absorbing technologies are ideal. Centrifugal fans ensure space adaption, while non-corroding fibreglass extends product lifecycle.
MITA case studies
Subscribe to MITA newsletter and stay updated on technical solutions for industrial and civil cooling and get to know our offer.