In 2015, a snowmaking facility in Hopfgarten, Austria, required efficient cooling towers for snow guns. MITA supplied two fiberglass PME 10004 E CW Snow towers, ensuring high performance and durability.Learn More
Evaporative Cooling Towers for an Artificial Snow Plant in Japan
After installing many snowmaking solutions in the Alps, MITA Cooling Technologies supplied an open circuit tower for a ski resort in Japan (Gunma prefecture).
- Provision for a ski facility in Japan through an international engineering firm with solutions in the area
- Cooling towers in snowmaking and long-distance transport versions
- Performance solutions that are durable and easy to maintain
- Japanese ski plant
- Gunma Prefecture, Japan
- Type of interlocutor
- Engineering firm (Sufag)
- Scope of application
- Artificial snowmaking
- Story in Brief
- The Sufag design firm has international experience in snowmaking, with two main offices in France and Sweden, 8 distribution branches worldwide, and 50,000 of snow cannon installations worldwide.
- List of customer needs
- - Cooling towers for ski plant snow cannons
- Maximum production even at marginal temperatures
- Ease of plant maintenance
- Sustainability of solutions designed to last
- Technologies provided
- No. 2 open-circuit cooling towers PME 4103 E Container CW Snow
- Other special offers
- - Snow version suitable for snowmaking facilities
- Container version for long-distance transport
- Transport and installation by Sufag engineering firm
- Key to success
- - High performance
- Easy maintenance due to manhole access to internal parts
- Non-corrodible, long-lasting fiberglass tower body
1. Installation context
The Sufag engineering firm has international experience in the field: it has two main offices in France and Sweden and 8 distribution branches around the world. The company’s 50,000 snow cannons have been installed worldwide. The company’s approach, as made explicit on site, is based on maximum production even at marginal temperatures, ease of maintenance of systems, and sustainability of solutions designed to last.
A number of structural features have also been adapted to the context of Gunma (a prefecture known in Japan not only for its thermal plants but also for winter tourism).
2. Proposed solution
MITA, in agreement with Sufag, selected two open-circuit cooling towers PME 4103 E Container CW Snow, suitable for snowmaking. The capacity of the installed tower is 120 m3/h: these are cooled and sent to the cannons of the ski facility.
Maintainability of all MITA towers is enabled by the large side doors (for easy access to all internal parts for maintenance). Finally, durability is ensured by the extensive use of fiberglass: a material that does not corrode.
The Container version of the PME-E open-circuit tower is suitable for being transported long distances inside containers: in fact, its width is less than the standard 220 cm. The choice of machinery was made by Sufag, which was responsible for the engineering and snow production part of the installation.
3. The key to success
Performance, maintainability and durability are requirements that have met the PME-E cooling tower offering.
A final factor that characterizes both MITA Cooling Technologies and Sufag. Both companies aim for a consultative approach to their customers, listening to needs to deliver a tailored system.Ask for information
In this project
MITA case studies
The Major Hospital "Pizzardi" of Bologna installs as many as 12 non-corrodible and easy-to-maintain cooling towers to support the refrigeration units for the air conditioning system: performance and attention to noise level.Learn More
In 2019, MITA Cooling Technologies sold 4 PME-E open circuit cooling towers to a Swedish paper mill. The "Super Silent" version of the PME-E makes it possible to meet the customer's extraordinary low sound level requirements.Learn More
Tools to help you choose
Preliminary plant evaluation
Best practicesRead all Pieces of Advice by MITA Cooling Technologies
What to KnowFind Out All Technical Terms
Technical ArticlesRead All our Technical Articles
Or You Can Choose
Don't You Know how to Orient Yourself? WE GUIDE YOU TO THE CHOICE
Subscribe to MITA newsletter and stay updated on technical solutions for industrial and civil cooling and get to know our offer.