Langhe, a historic area of Piedmont known for its wines and haute cuisine. MITA Cooling Technologies participated in the modernization of a dairy's refrigeration system with two heterogeneous solutions: the MCE evaporative condenser and an adiabatic condenser.Learn More
Ammonia Condensation for Refrigeration Units in Greece
MCE-model evaporative condensers are an efficient solution for ammonia condensing in refrigeration: a Greek plant engineer, who again supplied this MITA solution to one of his customers, partly due to Ecoref’s support during installation, knows this.
- New ammonia refrigeration system for a Greek ice cream company
- Required thermal duties for refrigeration units: 1,570 kW
- Installation of two evaporative condensers for NH3
- Ice-cream manufacturing company in Attica
- Type of interlocutor
- National consultant (Ecoref) on behalf of a Greek plant engineer.
- Scope of application
- Story in Brief
- The client of MITA Cooling Technologies and Ecoref, a long-standing local partner for Greece, is a well-known Greek refrigeration manufacturer that designed and installed a sophisticated ammonia refrigeration system for an ice cream company.
- List of customer needs
- - Condensation of ammonia, refrigerant used in production processes
- High ambient temperatures, considerable workload
- Output fluid and temperature
- 35°C (ammonia gas)
- Ambient air
- 25.5°C (wet bulb temperature)
- Powers required
- 1,570 kW (for refrigeration units)
- Technologies provided
- No. 2 evaporative condensers for ammonia MCE Q4-17
- Installation assistance
- Key to success
- - Efficiency of the proposed ammonia condensation solution
- Support from MITA Cooling Technologies and Ecoref at all stages of the project, up to final installation
1. Installation context
An ice-cream factory in Greece has requested an efficiency upgrade of its refrigeration system. The request was taken up by one of the leading refrigeration installers active in the Hellenic peninsula, which proposed an ammonia system.
High ambient temperatures are of course a variable to consider in this part of Europe.
2. Proposed solution
MITA Cooling Technologies and Ecoref, a long-standing local partner for Greece, proposed to the broker the installation of two ammonia evaporative condensers, model MCE Q4-17.
This solution was custom-designed to meet the customer’s specific needs, with a total thermal duty of 1,570 kW.
3. Key to success
One of the keys to the success of this solution was the efficiency of the MCE Q4-17 evaporative condensers, which use the principle of evaporative cooling to remove heat from the ammonia gas.
In addition, the support of MITA Cooling Technologies and Ecoref at all stages of design and installation ensured maximum system reliability. On the other hand, some previous deliveries convinced the Greek plant engineer to trust MITA’s technologies again.Ask for Information
In this project
Refrigeration in the Food Sector
Refrigeration in the food sector is linked to production lines in food & beverage: the optimization of efficiency and resources (water and energy) are the most requested needs by customers. Evaporative and adiabatic condensers must be able to manage different refrigerant gases based on project requirements.
MCE Industrial Condenser
Compact, efficient and easily accessible: MCE industrial condenser ensures refrigeration operators all the operating standards of its own technology class. The typical MITA evaporative coolers’ durability over time is a plus. MCE-EC version available with electronically controlled fans.
Some MITA Projects
A Cuban brewery, during 2015, needed to replace the ammonia (NH3) condensing system from the compressors of the refrigeration units: MITA Cooling Technologies was involved in the supply of evaporative condensers.Learn More
Tools to help you choose
Preliminary plant evaluation
Or You Can Choose
Don't You Know how to Orient Yourself? WE GUIDE YOU TO THE CHOICE
Best practicesRead all Pieces of Advice by MITA Cooling Technologies
What to KnowFind Out All Technical Terms
Technical ArticlesRead All our Technical Articles
Subscribe to MITA newsletter and stay updated on technical solutions for industrial and civil cooling and get to know our offer.